Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Night in Mexico

I woke up this morning with a massive grin on my face, a good sleep, everything paid for and was looking forward to getting some breakfast. The buffet was alright, a couple of non alcoholic juices and straight back up to my room to plan the day.

I read on the balcony for a bit, letting my tummy settle and down the gym for a workout. This place is hot, so I sweat up a storm and head back to the room for a shower before its pool time. The weather was awesome, relaxing in the pool drinking cocktails. I don't like waiting for the pool bar, so I like to walk up out of the pool to another bar, and then jump back in.

This works well, talked to heaps of people, enjoying myself. I started ordering bigger shouts, they were going down nicely and I was giving some to others also. I am pretty happy, half way through the afternoon, I order another 4 drinks, on my way back, I slip over spilling all the drinks. I think nothing of it, picked up the drink which was atleast half full and kept going.

Turns out, the hotel were not impressed, they grabbed me, ripped off my arm band, kicked me out the front of the hotel and called the cops on me. That, alcohol and being scared witless that all my money and passport were in the hotel had me in a state of panic.

More than 2 hours later, the cops look at me, I am told that for one last night, you can stay in the room and can go no where else. In my state of panic, I was scared that they might come back, I take this as being kicked out so I grab my stuff, and leave as quickly as I can in a taxi to the airport.

I get there, its getting late, I was hoping to change my flights to find somewhere to sleep. I go from terminal, to terminal but all was pretty much stopped. It was after 10pm at this stage, I find some dodgy dudes in there taxi, who take me to a hotel and I can atleast sleep it off. For $210, they get it all organised for me and atleast the hotel was real nice, the end to day I would prefer to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment