Wednesday, August 11, 2010

LA Angels

I head off early this morning, the plan originally was to go to Universal Studios, those plans changed when I worked out the only time I can watch a game of baseball was this afternoon. I go for a walk to check out the home of the LA Lakers, the Staple Centre and ESPN has a massive big X-Games festival on today. I walk around, its got some cool stalls and some of the contests would have been awesome.

I look up the metro lines to see how to get to Anaheim, the only one I find is out near Long Beach, a fair distance away. I get out there around 11:30am for the 12:30pm start between the LA Angels and  Texas Rangers. The instruction on the web seemed easy, get off the train and go across the car park. I see no car park and nothing even close to a ball park.

I wander around, ask a couple of people who don't know what I am talking about, I get to a Holiday Inn. They advise me that I should have headed over to Anaheim in Orange County. Instead of a Taxi, I get a hire car which will save me a bit of money and I have 20 minutes to get there. The guy speeds, I arrive at the end of the first innings but it costs $90 including a nice tip.

The game was low scoring, LA kept a lead for most of the day, my seat was down in the sun not to far from the play. Texas put a bit of scare into the locals at the bottom of the 9th with bases full but LA came up on top.

I find the correct train back, turns out it is a rural train, which only runs so many times a day. I get lucky with the last train of the day running a little bit late. I get back to the hotel, really tired, dehydrated and hungry, I didn't really look after myself today not wanting to eat the rubbish served up at the baseball.

Happy to eat Subway and recover for tomorrow which is going to massive day, I head to the room early and relax for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment