Friday, August 20, 2010

Universal Studios

Universal Studios opens at 10am so I have a full day ahead of me. A train, then a small bus gets me to the entrance and line-up was huge. The quickest way to get in was the ticketing machines, I am only coming here once I so I get the VIP ticket to avoid the lines.

As soon as I walk in, I go straight into the first thing I see, the House of horrors. It was a bit of fun, a couple of young girls behind me made me laugh, they were screaming allot with characters jumping out from hiding places.

Everything runs like clock work, need to really organise everything around the show times.  I realise on my way to the simpson's ride, that the VIP was a great idea, the line had to be near an hour long. A 5 minute wait, I am ushered through to the front and into the virtual roller coaster. This ride was the best of its type that I have been on, it was awesome, it felt like I was on a real roller coaster.

Terminator 2 3D felt like a pretty old, the show had both actors and 3D effects up on the big screen. They took us forward in time to blow up the main computer, it was entertaining but probably needs an update.

Onto the main reason most people go to Universal Studios, to do the studio tour. The sets were awesome, its crazy to compare real life to the movies. The 3D ride where you drive in on tram and everywhere around you for 360 degrees, you see King Kong saving us from a Tyrannosaurus Rex, pretty cool.

The Mummy and Jurassic park rides were right next to each other, down 3 sets of long stairs. The Mummy ride was a quick roller coaster ride, fun, fast but I would have loved it to be longer. The Jurassic Park ride was in a boat, dinosaurs everywhere and it was cool getting drenched because it was so hot.

The special effects stage showed us how everything has progressed and the importance of technology in evolution. A heap of volunteers got involved, flying around the stage and put in different situations.

Quickly I head off to Shrek 3D, hoping to see whatever else I could. Turns out that this was the same as the one in Warner Bros on the Gold Coast. It was good but ended up being the last thing I did.

It was near 5pm, I am getting picked up at the hotel at 7:30pm so I decided to give the last couple of things a miss. I look back and think I got to see so much, yet I think some unlucky people might have only seen 3 or 4 things max.

A small bus, then a train back to the hotel, all is good, the shuttle arrives and I catch the plane that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment